[3830] ARRLDX CW K0VXU SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 16 19:18:47 EST 2020

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K0VXU
Operator(s): K0VXU
Station: K0VXU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: kANSAS
Operating Time (hrs): 15:38

   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  609   253  Total Score = 462,231

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

K3, TL-922A. JK Modtri40. Inverted L (160. Inverted VEE (80), N1MM+

Mostly S&P looking for new countries and mults.  One short run on 20 when EU
was in Sunday Morning.  Lots of time out doing other things.

Band conditions seemed reasonably good except no propagation on 10 meters.  15
was sketchy.  I was surprised at the scarcity of Southeast Asia.  Usually hear
them on 20 but not so much this year. I need a better RX antenna on 160.

All in all, I am happy with the result.  48 hour contests don't work too well
for this old bag of bones.  Still need my rest.

Thanks to all who pulled my signal through the din.  Lots of big pileups.

I must say that putting up the midtri40 sure helps.  Especially on 40 meters.
It also performs well on 20 and 15.  Can't say much about 10 meter performance
as there has not been enough prop to really say how it does.

Look for you favorite calls in the CW Pileup in Dayton.  Hint:  all calls will
come from my log in this test.

73,
Russ