[3830] ARRLDX CW VO1HP SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 16 19:46:46 EST 2020

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: VO1HP
Operator(s): VO1HP
Station: VO1HP

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):
Remote Operation

   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1504   308  Total Score = 1,386,924

Club: East Coast Canada Contest Club

Comments:

We've had several big snow and ice storms in last month or so and the remote
antennas have taken a beating .  The tribander is way off its pointing direction
so I have left it towards Eu more or less.  Also SWR >3:1 on 15 and 10m.  On
15 highest power was 30 watts so missed a lot of mults.  Also the signals were
louder on 40M dipole so likely there is something wrong with the phasing line to
15 and 10m DE.

The 160M L developed 3:1 SWR over night but tuner took care of it.

I slept both nights and didn't bother to get on Sat morning at all until after
breakfast having logged about 400 Q's on Friday night.  On Sun morning got on
about 10UTC and surprised to be called by KH6/N6DA and KH7M.

Managed to squeak out a QSO with JT1CO on 40m at 22:30 Sat. Not bad for 100w and
low dipole.

I did respond to all who asked for QSY and got most of them.

I like using LP in this one.  Ups the challenge and stays away from the BIG
scores.  Only  Joe VO1BQ  and myself on from NF and Chris VO2AC (using his
Remote)from rare LB.

VO1HP Personal Remote oceanside in
Freshwater CBN NL GN37js
K3/KPA500/KAT500
K3 mini RR Boxes
160m  Invl L + FCP
80/40 Dipole using 40 year old KW ELectronics traps
(I really need to retire this antenna!)
20/15/10 Cycle 24 TX38 by Kevin N5DX