[3830] ARRLDX CW K7QA SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 16 21:49:14 EST 2020

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K7QA
Operator(s): K7QA
Station: K7QA

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MT
Operating Time (hrs): 30+

   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1187   265  Total Score = 942,870

Club: BigSky

Comments:

For a while on Sunday it felt like 20 meters had morphed out of the last sunspot
cycle top I remember working in 1979. DX signals from all over the world sounded
like strong locals while most US signals sounded like faint DX. What a treat to
be able to run 'em in pileups from our usual black hole of marginal propagation.
I had forgotten MT is almost rare DX for a lot of EU ops. Even 15m opened to far
western EU both mornings. The new homebrew tribander certainly earned its keep,
but with a dead 40m beam, had to use a resurrected halfsquare wire on 40. Nice
to hear and Q every EU stn we heard on all 5 bands. 10m was still in its deep
sleep as expected. I guess this weekend is Old Sol's way of teasing us with what
condx will be like from here going into the next cycle.