[3830] ARRLDX CW W7RM(@K2PO) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 16 22:40:56 EST 2020

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: W7RM
Operator(s): KU1CW K2PO
Station: K2PO

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Oregon

   20: 1125   114
   15:   92    41
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 2163   370  Total Score = 2,386,500

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

It's not many contests when you can say you worked more countries on 160m than
15m.

Great condx the first night - worked 24 Europeans on 160 (and 26 on 80m) -
unheard of for us.

No European worked on 15m.  We saw several Europeans spotted from AZ, but no joy
a thousand miles north.  Ditto South Americans on 10m.

We worked 750 stations in Zone 25 - more than all our European contacts
combined.

Murphy struck the 80m antenna last month.  I jerry-rigged a matching network
that enabled use of the 160m vertical on both bands.  We missed an hour in the
dark of the first night while Alex made multiple trips out into the wet to fix
some arcing.  After that it seemed to play well.

Tnx to all,

/Bill, K2PO