[3830] ARRLDX CW OG7A(OH6MW) SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 17 05:04:57 EST 2020

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: OG7A
Operator(s): OH6MW
Station: OH6MW

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: kp20

   20: 1028    61
   15:   25    17
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1687   202  Total Score = 1,022,322

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Very nice contest and surprisingly good propagation most of the weekend.
Sunspots are 0 zero, but it doesn't matter, Kp = 1 and it was great fun.

My personal goal for the entire contest was something like 1000 qsos and on
Saturday morning it seemed to be difficult but reachable. After Saturday
afternoon and enjoyable 20m runs which lasted until 20Z, much longer than
expected, my first day qso number was 960 qsos. I had to run the second day too.
And second day was even better in propagation-wise and made 760 qsos more. Total
1720 and without dupes about 1687 Q.

Special thing in this weekend was that both 160m and 15m were open to NA on both
days. So no severe aurora which blocks the path from southern Finland to North
America. Worked even zone 3 on both bands, 160m and 15m. Had 5 band qsos
(160-80-40-20-15) with 11 stations. I guess they were W2FU, K1TTT, K3LR, K9CT,
KC1XX, N4WW, N4YDU, NR4M, W3LPL, VE3JM, VY2TT.  15m propagation was very short
and weak, called many stations without success. But in this solarcycle
situation, 15m opening was a great surprise. A gift.

The most difficult band was 40m because MUF was lower than 7 MHz on both nights
and stations which had s9+ signals on 80m were quite weak on 40m. Many 40m qsos
on daylight. Overall nice rates and three hours more than 100 qsos per hour.
Operated about 31 hours, no good propagation during morning hours and had some
matters to care.

Thank you very much, it was fun.

73 Ari OH6MW OG7A