[3830] ARRLDX CW K1TN SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 17 05:23:42 EST 2020

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K1TN
Operator(s): K1TN
Station: K1TN

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Florida

  160:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  203   137  Total Score = 83,443

Same aerial as always, a 66-foot-long end-fed wire in a tree.

I was pretty amazed to work THREE JAs on 80 Meters. JH1GBZ and JH1OGC the first
morning and reliable JH4UYB the second. I worked UYB on 80M two years ago in the
ARRL DX so I knew it was possible.

I think 11 hours was just about the right amount of operating time for me. I
quit Saturday morning and took nearly 24 hours off. As for guys my age (I'm 71)
who spend 40+ hours in the chair, I don't know whether to admire them or pity
them. But it's none of my business. I'm sure that with a real station and the
ability to run I'd stay put a lot longer.

Thanks to the guys who went to the Caribbean … but … too many guys going to
the same handful of tourist traps. Too bad some of them didn't opt for one of
the other islands, Grenada, Dominica, St Vincent, etc. I didn't even hear the
Bahamas this weekend. Great Abaco, the island I went to five times almost 30
years ago was wiped out last September by a hurricane.

DX contests are all I'm interested in now and I am retiring from domestic
contests.

Jim Cain, K1TN