[3830] ARRLDX CW N2FF SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 17 12:16:31 EST 2020

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: N2FF
Operator(s): N2FF
Station: N2FF

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: NY (NLI)

   80:    5     5
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  447   176  Total Score = 235,488

Club: Hudson Valley Contesters & DXers

Comments:

I lost my 80 meter antenna back in November so I had
to use the 40M slooper for 5 QSOs on 80 Friday night.
The next morning I git up just after 7 AM to work 40
and 20 but soon ran into the frozen mouse problem with
a 2 week old new wireless mouse and a curser stationay.
I suspected all sorts of causes and for more than an
hour I did not bother to check the AAA 1.5v battery.
When I did I discovered it was down to 0.8v.  Who
woud have thought, but perhaps the battery was years
old before going into use.  I wound up loosing about
three prome hours of EU stations with a trip to Staples
for batteries as I had no AAA's in stock/

Conditions were much better than expected after that
as I packet pounced for a total of 15.2 hours.  The
madening thing was to hear so many JA stations
on 40 Saturday night and not be able to work any of them.
Seems I have no lobes going NW on that band.
I havve never worked JA EVER on 40. Sunday the mouse
was alive and pouncing on all and sundry spots

Thanks to all the folks with good receeivers who
heard my 100 watts.