[3830] ARRLDX CW K0AV SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 17 12:51:27 EST 2020

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K0AV
Operator(s): K0AV
Station: K0AV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Colorado Springs

  160:    5     4
   20:   52     5
   15:    2     2
Total:  210    94  Total Score = 58,656

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Truly a pleasure to play around on 80 meters on Friday night. Things were quiet,
so I was hearing real well.  And, I was using HP - so they were hearing me too.

I was sorry I couldn't make it out to operate at KH6LC again for this one. But
was delighted to hear our good friend N6DA (now SK) honored by use of his call
from KH6/.  I had pleasure of knowing him for more than 50 years (since high
school days in Bay Area.

Was able to eke out a 160 meter QSO with KH6/N6DA -- using barefoot K3 w/ ATU
into 40 meter beam. (probably ERP of 5 watts) But I knew they'd have good set of
ears on 160. Thanks to Denny or Curt.

73, Alan K0AV