[3830] ARRLDX CW G4BUO SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Feb 18 05:32:10 EST 2020

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: G4BUO
Operator(s): G4BUO
Station: G4BUO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Hertfordshire, UK

Total:  604   118  Total Score = 213,816

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

Very much a part-time entry and I was away both days so had no chance to work
15m. But ARRL CW is one of my favourite contests, so having helped Jamie M0SDV
set up at M6T, I returned home and wanted to spend a little time on the air. I
moved to this QTH last summer and there is plenty of work to be done, antennas
are low-profile at the moment but I was amazed how well my doublet with its
centre only 22ft high performed. This site slopes to the west which certainly
helps, and I was able to run on 80, 40 and 20. Unfortunately no time to put up
an antenna for 160. In the end 600 QSOs isn't too bad for a part-time effort and
it was great to work many old W and VE friends. See you from M6T multi-2 in the
phone leg.

Dave G4BUO