[3830] CWopsT AE7EU QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Feb 19 15:44:39 EST 2020

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Feb 19

Call: AE7EU
Operator(s): AE7EU
Station: AE7EU

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Vehicular
Operating Time (hrs): .75

Total:   6  Mults = 6  Total Score = 36

Club: Central Oregon DX Club

Comments:

Eesh, something happened to the bands.  CA and CO couldn't hear me at all.
Missed a good 5 contacts wasting time calling back to those who couldn't hear,
or was ready to call back when suddenly they QSY'ed.  Ohwell.

The modified vehicle vertical is working wonders.  1.25:1 across almost all of
the important part of 20m (14.0 to 14.3-ish), centered right at 14.150.  I'm
sure it's pretty efficient too, the feedline is only ~10' of RG174 (0.3dB loss),
so 10W in, 9.3W output.  I could hear all kinds of stations today.  Just... they
couldn't hear me :(