[3830] CQ160 SSB VE3CV Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 23 07:54:21 EST 2020

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: VE3CV
Operator(s): VE3CV
Station: VE3CV

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: EN93el
Operating Time (hrs): 28:41

Total:  QSOs = 436  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 5  Total Score = 115,995

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Well I used to hate SSB contests, but now with an amp, life if good.  Lots of
good 140/hr rate runs and the K3 played nice once I got the DVK figured out AND
changed my Heil HC6 headset from the rear to the front mic jack. Glad I know how
to type! I just could not kill the RF problem with the rear mic/headset input.
Any suggestions welcome.  Used my new old AL-80A and was madly switching my RX
antenna to pull in the weak ones.  Heard lots of EU but they never heard me so I
skipped EU sunrises.  Nothing from Pacific.  Still, lots of fun and friendly Ops
in this one.
Thanks for all the Qs.
73
Jeff VE3CV

Station:
K3 (s/n 1009) + Ameritron vintage AL-80A at 600 W.
TX Antenna - 80m doublet at 55ft apex used as top-loaded vertical. 16 radials.
RX Antennas:
600ft Winter Beverages to NW, NE, and E.
200ft BOGs 1 foot off ground to NE/SW, E/W, and S

Used the E/W BOG 80% of the time!