[3830] CQ160 SSB K9ZO Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 23 15:36:21 EST 2020

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Illinois

Total:  QSOs = 634  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 10  Total Score = 90,816

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Quite good conditions at times, but seemed that there was a lot of band noise.
It was interesting to compare 4 long beverages to the SAL30.  Both performed
really well and had different characteristics. I had to do lots of switching
with the receive antennas.  While the rate suffered, I wanted to work everyone,
no matter how weak.  Missed Wyoming, Alaska, and Hawaii.  OK7K was very strong
as was LU8DPM and PP5JR.  ZF5T and ZF2AM were heard frequently.  There was a
pipeline into Virginia. Next year I will have to add a phased beverage and
change the inverted vee to an inverted L, but there is a 107 foot Titanex
partially assembled in the back yard.  By then I should have a 1500W amp too and
a tuning network so I can cover the upper part of the band better.  By far, most
QSOs were made the first night.