[3830] NAQP CW WB8RFB Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Jan 11 23:58:26 EST 2020

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: WB8RFB
Operator(s): WB8RFB
Station: WB8RFB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL

   15:   22     6
Total:  243    89  Total Score = 21,627

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC Team Alpha

Comments:

Thanks to on-going 2X per week Physical Therapy, my back held up for the event.
Was able to sit in the chair for more than an hour at a time which really helped
keep the momentum going.  Taking a break now and then and doing stretches to get
the kinks out kept me from folding up the tent.

All QSO's were S & P.  Everything is snow and ice coated outside and it's
still snowing and blowing as I write this.  Had been having SWR problems with
HF-2V vertical (80/40) but it behaved nicely today and that's where the majority
of my Q's were made.  Sure wish I had a 160 antenna; even a compromised one but
that's another project where I am going to need help to get it up and working if
I am ever to have one.  Was surprised at 80 and 40 holding up throughout the
day.  Sure glad to see 15 provide some multipliers too!