[3830] NAQP CW NE8P Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 12 08:50:28 EST 2020

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: NE8P
Operator(s): NE8P
Station: NE8P

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 8:26

Total:  469   131  Total Score = 61,439

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team: W7SE MEMORIAL - 2

Comments:

Having only one antenna, that being a shortish 80m vertical, I was challenged to
make QSOs/multipliers on the other bands.  My solution: a big a** base loading
coil for 160 and two, shack located antenna tuners in series for 40 and 20.
S&P sledding was difficult on those bands.

80 was fun despite being rather noisy earlier in the evening.  Probably should
have done more running there and more S&P on 160.

Took off ~3 hours of prime time operating in the evening to enjoy outdoor dining
in wonderful Florida weather.

Mike