[3830] NAQP CW K8PO Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 12 09:06:47 EST 2020

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K8PO
Operator(s): K8PO
Station: K8PO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Alabama

Total:  513   120  Total Score = 61,560

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Team: TCG TANNEHiLL

Comments:

I had planned a full-time effort but it was not to be.  Heavy thunderstorms came
through at kickoff. So, the first QSO in my log is at 19:30. Once the storms
passed, the static was difficult to contend with. Still, it was a fun contest as
always. My biggest issue was K9 related.  My xyl (WN1G), is out of town this
weekend which means I had dog duty.  We have three dogs and none of them are the
least bit interested in me putting in a full-time effort on a contest weekend!
Between feeding, walking, letting them out, letting them in, and the barking
every time a leaf blows by the door it was just too much. Anyway, enough with
the excuses!

Band conditions here in northern Alabama:
10 Meters: Not around here
15 Meters: See 10 Meters
20 Meters: Sorely lacking but then again, I missed the first 90 minutes
40 Meters: Money
80 Meters: Good but with lots of static (of course) and weird QSB
160 Meters: Good. Would have spent more time there late but always next time.

Thanks for the QSO's

73 and see you in the pileups.

Doug
K8PO