[3830] NAQP CW N6GP Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 12 13:55:06 EST 2020

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: N6GP
Operator(s): N6GP
Station: N6GP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ORG

Total:  188    79  Total Score = 14,852

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #3

Comments:

I used YYZ as a tribute to Rush drummer Neil Peart who lost his life to cancer
last Friday.   The band heard the Toronto Airport code YYZ on a navigation
beacon on a flight returning home.  They liked the rhythm of it, and wrote an
instrumental song incorporating the CW at the beginning of the song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eSlvoO3Vw8  .  I was amazed how well people
copied the name, although I had about 20% repeats.

Great to see 15m in action at the beginning of the contest.  Hope it is as good
for Winter Field Day in 2 weeks.  I started too late on 40m, and my score
reflects that.  Fun contest as always!
Tim N6GP