[3830] ARRL Jan VHF K1KA Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 20 12:54:09 EST 2020

                    ARRL January VHF Contest - 2020

Call: K1KA
Operator(s): K1KA
Station: K1KA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NH

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  110    36  Total Score = 3,960

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

Every time I think of January VHF Contests, visions of frozen antennas from many
past years go through mu head and I want to just keep the radio off for once.
But this year the weather was not as much of a factor as I was expecting and it
kept me in the seat more. Six meter FT8 was the mainstay for me and seemed to
keep providing interesting QSOs every time I was about to reach for the switch
or change bands. Heard very little on SSB and only 1 CW QSO all weekend. Two
meters had some nice activity early on, but then something happened to the
transverter output and it wouldn't drive the amp to more than a about 150w. In
my Death Valley QTH I need all the watts I can get, so 6M was mostly it.

QSO analysis:
100 FT8
8 SSB
1 CW