[3830] ARRL Jan VHF N4BRF(WA2VNV) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 20 16:31:49 EST 2020

                    ARRL January VHF Contest - 2020

Call: N4BRF
Operator(s): WA2VNV
Station: N4BRF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EL96vk

    6:   5      4
    2:  16      8
  222:   1      1
  432:   7      3
  903:
  1.2:   2      1
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  31     17  Total Score = 765

I could only operate 4 hours on Saturday due to family visiting South Florida
from the cold North. Didn't they know it was the contest weekend?!? Usual Murphy
problems hit my 6 meter xmtr after only making a few Q's on FT8 with the band
open with some Es. No more 6 meter xmit. 432 developed a 3:1 SWR of unknown
origin & the mast preamp was getting paralyzed by a local TV transmitter -
that was new to my setup. It took a while to figure out that I could hear
stations with the preamp power off by disconnecting the power feed to the
preamp. With the power connected, the built in xmit power sensor would switch
itself out with a ~2 sec delay after transmitting where I could briefly hear a
station. After getting that resolved, I could make some normal contacts even
with the high SWR.
Anyway, I had a good time even if for only for a few hours.
73's George WA2VNV at N4BRF