[3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jan 22 09:29:35 EST 2020

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Jan 22

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Illinois
Operating Time (hrs): 24 min

Total:  70  Mults = 66  Total Score = 4,620

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I had kidney surgery yesterday so I need to stay within 3 seconds of a bathroom!
Recovery going well, but my wife drove me to the shack as it is about 20 degrees
outside and I am pretty much a wreck.  Arrived 15 minutes before the start of
CWT.

I saw a spot for JT5DX on 80 meters (my last zone for 5BWAZ) so went to listen.
Perfect copy on the NW beverage.  He called CQ NA a lot and I copied him for 30
minutes.  Our sunrise was 13:15Z and I worked him at 13:25Z. Solid copy and I
got confirming messages from JT1CO and WB9Z that it was a solid contact.  It
took decades to finish this award and it has only been a year since I had the
low band antenna to do it.  1/4 wave wire up a tree with 45 radials, 1000 ft NW
beverage, 1200W.  It took weeks this year to put the beverages up.  I spent 2
weeks recovering from a sinus infection after  working on them in the cold and
wind.  16 hours a day sleeping. Zone 18 card was sent out a couple weeks ago.  I
sure appreciate the DXpedition to Zone 23.

I got on 80 at 1336Z and worked the few remaining stations, then went to 40.
Conditions seemed good and I was able to click along at about 3 per minute most
of the time.  This had the potential to be an excellent CWT and it turned out to
be a very productive morning.