[3830] CQ160 CW W3USA(K8MR) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 26 09:03:29 EST 2020

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2020

Call: W3USA
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FL

Total:  QSOs = 116  State/Prov = 33  Countries = 10  Total Score = 13,459

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

I took advantage of CQ's lack of a "One Transmitter/One Callsign" rule
to fire up as a new station on Saturday night. I hope nobody minded the extra
QSO that would not have been available (legally) under the ARRL rules. It was
much more fun that spending the evening trying to find somebody I had not worked
the first night.

I'm using a new 160 antenna put up shortly after Christmas, a quarter wave
inverted L, about 60 feet up an over a convenient tree, with two quarter wave
radials on the ground. I'm used to people not hearing me, but I did actually
make three European QSOs, and had a nice 25 QSO packet spot run. The joys of
being fresh meat!

Hope to see many of you in Orlando in a few weeks.

73  -  Jim   K8MR