[3830] CQ160 CW VE3MGY Single Op Assisted LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 26 10:24:08 EST 2020

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2020

Call: VE3MGY
Operator(s): VE3MGY
Station: VE3MGY

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: ON

Total:  QSOs = 1040  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 62  Total Score = 658,308

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Special Kudos to Andy ( N2NT ) for creating the LP Assisted Category. Last year
I was LP Assisted but was placed in the "HP" Assisted Category and not
surprisingly did very poorly placing #71 World against my HP comrades. This year
I am hoping to significantly improve my standing. Kudos also deserved for
lowering the LP limit to 100 watts so we are now all on the same power playing
field ( at least in theory ) for those like myself with Icom and K3 radios.

I decided to try SO2V this year and not SO2R like year after having a few
"close calls" as well the SO1R success I had in the ARRL 160. SO2V
allowed me to find and monitor Mults on VFO B between running stations on VFO A.
Then when there was a lull I could easy Alt F10, work'em, and then Alt F10 back
before I lost the Run QRG.

There was no noise at all here all weekend and from ~0000z Sunday to 0400z
Sunday EU started coming in S7 - S9 on the vertical and even S5 on the N/S
beverage(!) - BUT ONLY the N/S beverage was hearing EU?? Anyone else see this??
Here the E/W beverage and especially the 030 beverage ( aimed directly at EU )
were not hearing anything from EU, even though they were working fine for all
the State side callers in between.

----------------- C o n t i n e n t   S u m m a r y -----------------
                 160     80     40     20     15     10  Total    Pct
North America    943      0      0      0      0      0    943   90.7
South America      7      0      0      0      0      0      7    0.7
Europe            80      0      0      0      0      0     80    7.7
Asia               3      0      0      0      0      0      3    0.3
Africa             5      0      0      0      0      0      5    0.5
Oceania            2      0      0      0      0      0      2    0.2
Total           1040      0      0      0      0      0   1040

Best condx ever for this contest from here and a PB as well.

Thanks for the QSOs, best wishes, reports, repeats, and even dupes.

73,
Brian
VE3MGY