[3830] CQ160 CW WO1N Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 26 11:58:00 EST 2020

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2020

Call: WO1N
Operator(s): WO1N
Station: WO1N

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Massachusetts

Total:  QSOs = 30  State/Prov = 11  Countries = 0  Total Score = 759

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Station: FTdx5000,  40M Delta loop, N1MM

Soapbox :

A few Q's Saturday night from the home station loading up a wet piece of wire
with the antenna tuner just to hand out a few Qs.

The first night I was at NF1A's to exercise his fine station, not having any
160M antenna at the home QTH. 5 hours in the chair and 220Qs.

Art runs a 160M Inv L with 2 elevated radials, a 500W amplifier and a W1AEX
receive loop. I was blown away by how effective his entire setup was and
especially how well the receive loop performed. It was a blast.

It seemed activity was way down. CQ frequencies were easily found though
SP1NY and myself managed to land on top of each other twice in the course
of my 5 hour operating session.

Europe seemed easier to work early in the contest but deteriorated as the
evening progressed. The Eu sunrise bump didn't seem to materialize, though
I was off the air at 0600Z.

73,

Ken - WO1N