[3830] CQ160 CW N5RZ Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 26 17:26:59 EST 2020

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2020

Call: N5RZ
Operator(s): N5RZ
Station: N5RZ

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH:

Total:  QSOs = 1147  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 57  Total Score = 407,100

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Condx were pretty good for this one.   I still have a lot of work to do on
antennas, but am getting there.   As good as the EU condx were, out to the west
they were pretty bad.  No VK/ZL or any other Pacific except two KH6's.  21 JA's.
 Was neat to have Worked All States + DC after the first night.   87 EU + 4X2M
and TC0X - not too bad from Texas.

The skimmer helped some, but ended up finding most of my multipliers by tuning
the second VFO or having them answer my CQ's.

US1Q must have an impressive receive array. I called him with 40 watts and got
him first call at a time when I was struggling to work any other EU station with
1.5 KW.   Almost like he has a receiver right down the road from me!

Thanks to all for the QSO's!  Viva Top Band!

73,  Gator

FLEX 6600M   SPE 2K-FA   Inverted L - vertical portion 70' with three elevated
radials.  Five 300'+ beverages at 120 40 0 270 and 220 degrees.
Hi-Z 8 Circle RX array (recently repaired and working great)
N1MM+ Logger Local Skimmer the first night, NC7J Cluster the second night after
EU sunrise