[3830] CQ160 CW K1A(KO7SS) Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 26 17:41:34 EST 2020

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K1A
Operator(s): KO7SS
Station: K1A

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: ME
Operating Time (hrs): 29
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 1401  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 85  Total Score = 1,050,764

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

A big thanks to Ray W2RE and Lee WW2DX for letting me use the W1/Eastport
flagship station!

This was my first-ever serious effort in the CQ160M CW. The ARRL 160 was a
great time with the K1A call and W1/Eastport, this is a different contest.

I felt like there was an EU QSO party to the east, and an NAQP to the west
and running was slow. So I resorted to W7 DX contesting and clicked 10 pt
EU spots for the first 250 Q's. QSO points were 779 X 1, 86 X 5, 536 X 10.

The station is a 4 square, no RX antenna, no in-band second radio. The
online scoreboard competition with AA1K and W1UE @ W1KM sure kept me in
the chair - thanks VA2WA! This will come down to the log checking.....

73, Bill KO7SS in Arizona