[3830] CQ160 CW W3HKK Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 27 19:18:36 EST 2020

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2020

Call: W3HKK
Operator(s): W3HKK
Station: W3HKK

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: lICKING CO, OH

Total:  QSOs = 780  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 63  Total Score = 308,280

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Record results  for this op, despite missing the first four (best)  hours of the
contest. So I can only imagine.....

Also, QRN was  moderately high the first night ( S3) and even higher the  early
part of the second night ( S7)  during the snow fall, but then suddenly when the
snow stopped, the noise fell to  S0!  It's a miracle! And there they
were.....Europeans galore, wall to wall,  and zone 20 was  in
"abundanza."  Nearly all Euros  were loud and clear ( when not being
clobbered by US stations)  and many were  there for extended periods of time.
Night One was good despite the noise but Night Two was Historic!
And the first time Ive ever worked more DX than US/VE states/provinces.

Not much heard from continental Africa.  SA was more of a presence  working
CE-LU-CX-YV but missing out on two PYs and an HC0. The Pacific yielded six KH6's
and Asia  yielded  one JA ( JA3YBK at my SR Sunday morning - the last qso in my
log.  After him, I hit the sack and slept for 20 of the next 24 hrs. Unlike a
couple of guys, I heard no other Asians tho I saw numerous JA spots plus JT5DX.
But no tootsie roll.

But Im a happy camper.   In 2018   my score was 105k pts.  In 2019 it was 207k
pts and this year despite missing the first four and most productive hours, it
was 308k and change.

Whoda thunk?