[3830] CQ160 CW OM7RU Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jan 28 07:42:22 EST 2020

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2020

Call: OM7RU
Operator(s): OM7RU
Station: OM7RU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: JN98OQ
Operating Time (hrs): 30:00

Total:  QSOs = 1316  State/Prov = 30  Countries = 77  Total Score = 794,047

Club: OM0M DOZEN DASHES CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

I think this was one of the best TOPband DXconditions I have ever experienced
during this contest. My the very best CQ WW DX 160m result ever from all points
of view.

Really outstanding conditions! The first US called me during the first hour of
the contest and then a lot of others. Second night looked like ARRL on 80m, hi.
Almost 10 % of QSOs from NA! Also other DXs was mostly the thing of few calls.
High number of new multipliers answered to my CQ. I run with 2 VFOs, stereo
listening almost during the whole contest. Confusion at the begining, but it's
only the thing of practice.

Mr. Murphy was moving around. Weeks before the contest I found something wrong
with my TX antenna. Its SWR and Z wasn't stable especialy during 1,5 kW
transmitting, it looked like water in coax line. I spent few days with replacing
coaxes, but floating parametres was not fully eliminated. But PA matched it, so
I had from 1,0 to 1,4 kW out. Then my both FT-1000 antenna ports started to have
random cca 20 dB attenuations of period of seconds without any reason.
Fortunately RX ANT input with K9AY worked fine, so I useed it as the only one RX
ANT. It was the problem, some directions are better on vertical. I wanted to see
on it after the contest, but then it started to work correctly again... Also a
lot of groundless protection switch offs of my ACOM PA. If you have two legs,
OK. If only one, OK, run on those one :)

Thanks to all participants to make this year edition so exciting!

Used equipments:
 Yaesu FT-1000MP MarkV Field
 ACOM 2000A (1,0-1,5 kW OUT)
 microHAM microKEZER 2R+
 microHAM StationMaster
 OM Power OM6BPF
 DXLog.net

Antennas:
 160m: Vertical (35m tower + 2 elevated radials)
 K9AY RX loops

73!
Riki, OM7RU

www.tucek.sk/om7ru