[3830] CQ160 CW OK6W(OK1MU) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jan 28 11:21:02 EST 2020

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2020

Call: OK6W
Operator(s): OK1MU
Station: OL7M

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Policko

Total:  QSOs = 1869  State/Prov = 45  Countries = 90  Total Score = 1,569,375

Two years ago the storm has destroyed our original vertical for the TOP band, so
we decided to build a brand new, huge and stable 39 m high vertical with 120
radials. After two years of work, the project was completed and this was the
first big contest where we could test the new vertical in real operation.

Before the contest I set my private goal to try overcome the 1.400 QSOs and try
to break also the 15 years old national SOSB record from Jirka OK1RF. The whole
contest was good old one man show - just one radio and one operator, no SO2R, no
DX cluster, no spots, no web sdr scams, as today becomes common with some pooor
guy...

The combination of nice CONDX and excellent activity on the band eventually
exceeded all my expectations. Best hour was 172 QSO, after three hours there
were 420 QSO in the log. National record was broken after 19 hours on the
contest ... Its amazing and I enjoyed every one minute for full 30 hours.

My final result in SOSB with just 30 hours QRV is better than all our results
from OL7M in previous years, when we were full time 40 hours in MS. Incredibly..

https://ok2zaw.blogspot.com/2020/01/cqww160cw2020.html?fbclid=IwAR1FKvodd5it2GvtDfgOsEQa02bx5T6loJql8n_pT81GVG_xrZ3dhieYU-g

Thank to Jan OK2ZAW for technical support before the contest, all technology
worked perfectly without any problem full contest.

Big thanks to you everyone who called me, because without you, this great result
would never been possible!

Thanks and see you soon in ARRL CW in Multi

Pavel OK1MU/OK6W