[3830] RAC Day KD5DD M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jul 1 20:40:16 EDT 2020

                    RAC Canada Day Contest - 2020

Call: KD5DD
Operator(s): NN5O WV4P NR4L K4AFE N5EE N4XL AC6ZM K6JO K4HWS
Station: KD5DD

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Tupelo, MS
Operating Time (hrs): 24:00

  160:    4      1       1         0
   80:  121      8       8         3
   40:  281    161      10        10
   20:  332    330      10        12
   15:   53      3       6         1
   10:    2      1       0         0
    6:    0      1       0         0
    2:    0      0       0         0
Total:  793    505      35        26  Total Score = 501,542

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Comments:

SOAPBOX: Deep Dixie Contest Club's first attempt at a DISTRIBUTED MULTI-MULTI
effort.  Hamachi VPN server was hosted by Ron, WV4P, and his XYL, Trina, NR4L.
This was the first time using this setup for most of the operators.  We learned
a great deal.

Our score would have been much higher, except we had two major storms to come
through that knocked at least four of our operators off the air for several
hours.  Major flooding occurred in towns.  Some of the heaviest lightning we
have ever experienced made us opt for safety over Qs.  Had we not encountered
these major multi-hour shutdowns that put half our team out of commission, we
know our Deep Dixie CC gang would have been much more competitive--possibly
enough to make the incredible WD6T team nervous! Congratulations to those guys
for being solid competitors throughout the RAC Contest!

And, thanks to all our VE-land neighbors for sharing Qs with us!

Visit our club web site -- http://deepdixiecc.org

73,

--Dr. Larry S. Anderson, NN5O  (CW Ops #1327)
Tupelo, MS  (birthplace of Elvis)
Flex 6600M ~ 100w into horizontal loop up 35 feet (average)