[3830] ARRL FD W6DOJ 3E LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jul 2 16:37:38 EDT 2020

                    ARRL Field Day - 2020

Call: W6DOJ
Operator(s): K6ON K6XN K6YN K6LNP
Station: W6DOJ

Class: 3E LP
QTH: SV

   20:   46     75
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  109    411      0  Total Score = 629

K6ON, K6XN, K6YN, K6LNP operated from an elevation of 5000 feet near the top of
Remington Hill in Nevada County, California, on private property owned by K6XN
and K6XXN in the middle of the Tahoe National Forest. The last two miles to the
edge of the property is by way of a Forest Service dirt road ( we mostly use
four wheel drive to make it in and out again). We typically share our location
with some local bears that enjoy crossing our location up there to enjoy
contiguous water sources  It was a beautiful weekend. We primarily used some
old antique but loveable KLM antennas we have restored and positioned near the
top of the hill : a monster four element KLM 40M beam, and a KLM KT34 four
element 20/15/10M beam plus an inverted Vee antenna suspended from a tall pine
tree for 80 Meters. We have additional towers and beams up but we only used
these three this Field Day Lots of fun. Thanks for the QSOs all…