[3830] IARU RM2D(SM6LRR) SOABCW QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 12 07:17:29 EDT 2020

                    IARU HF World Championship - 2020

Call: RM2D
Operator(s): SM6LRR
Station: RM2D

Class: SOABCW QRP
QTH: Vereya

-------------------------------------

Club: Russian Contest Club

Comments:

This was an experiment to see what this small pistol setup could do in QRP
unassisted.

There are some truly amazing good ears around the world. Especially I am very
pleased that so many NA stations heard me during that nice late opening after
midnight local time on 20 meters. Many stations were not so much more than
549-559 on the S-meter, meaning that the difference between Legal Limit 1500
Watts and my 5 W was on the limit.

10 and 15 meters openings were quite nice for QSOs and mults, mainly in Europe.
Did not bother too much to call NA stations on 15, because in Moscow with my
antenna, they were indeed weak.

Setup was TS 590S with strict 5W control.

2 element Hexbeam (SP7IDX) at 18 meters for 10,15 and 20 meters
1/4 vertical with 3 elevated, resonant radials 3 meters up for 40 meters
Inv Vee at 16.5 meters for 80 meters.
No antenna for 160 meters, sorry.

I was following some stations on the Score Online system and was amazed how easy
it was for them to get lots of more QSOs... Seems I need to invest more in
antennas or move closer to EU :)

Will I do this again?  Maybe, have not decided, but it was big fun to try QRP
and I hope that all the people participating in this category were keeping good
control of the power meters... for the sake of fair play. If any category should
be the Gentlemen's category, this is the one!

73 de RM2D, Mats