[3830] IARU NO5W(@W5GAD) SOABCW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 12 16:02:28 EDT 2020

                    IARU HF World Championship - 2020

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: W5GAD

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: LA

-------------------------------------

Club: Jefferson ARC (LA)

Comments:

Jefferson ARC Club Station: Flex 3000, 3 element Steppir @ 50 feet, N1MM

That was a real blast, even though shorter than I would have liked. I started
off Saturday morning doing a little running on 20m to get few Qs in the log.
Biggest surprise during that time was getting a call from a JA. Then, about
1500z, I got out of the chair and drove about 150 miles (r/t) to Mississippi to
pick up a load of gourmet beef and returned to the chair at about 1730z.

Most of the afternoon was spent turning the big knob and doing S&P on Europe
with great signals coming out of southern Europe on 20m and extraordinary ears
on the other end as I was able to break through many piles on the first or
second call. Lots of fun.

73 es thanks for the Qs,

Chuck/NO5W