[3830] IARU N5NU(@N5YA) SOABMixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 12 19:30:58 EDT 2020

                    IARU HF World Championship - 2020

Call: N5NU
Operator(s): N5NU
Station: N5YA

Class: SOABMixed HP
QTH: STX

  160:     8     0      4       1
   80:    97     0     12       4
   40:   444    26     26      23
   20:   642   525     30      30
   15:   175    77     15      22
   10:    36    18      6       9
-------------------------------------
Total:  1402   646     93      89  Total Score = 1,233,960

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

2048 QSOS; Single op, single radio, single antenna at a time... not too shabby.

Its been a long time since I've done this contest and it took me a while to get
a feel for what kind of shape the bands were in.  Where were the multipliers?  I
only heard a handful that I didn't work.

I thought that the bands were kinda shabby the first 8hrs then opened up nicely.
 I should've run more, but kept looking for multipliers.  I ran on 20m til 4 AM
and then went to 40/80.

It's kinda the tale of two contests.  You can run on CW, a little slower, and do
3.5 pts/Q or you can go to SSB and run faster but its basically NAQP from TX.
Low bands were really noisy, even 40m.  It got a little better toward the end.

Thanks to Bill N5YA for letting me take the station for a spin.