[3830] IARU K7RL SOABMixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 12 23:47:15 EDT 2020

                    IARU HF World Championship - 2020

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: SOABMixed HP
QTH: WA

  160:    18     0      6       0
   80:   138     5     12       3
   40:   565   183     27      15
   20:  1088   406     34      34
   15:   283    25     22      22
   10:    21     0      6       2
-------------------------------------
Total:  2113   619    107      76  Total Score = 1,748,748

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

A huge congratulations to Dan, N6MJ at N6WIN, Axel, KI6RRN at WA6TQT, and Chris,
KL9A at N9RV for incredible record breaking west coast scores. That’s what
happens when you get a group of top-notch world-class contesters at big
stations, all competing for zone 6 bragging rights. Incredible things happen.

N6WIN, Tim, arranged a friendly west coast competition between the four of us.
That was until my lawn was peppered with hundreds of ”#K7RLsucks” signs.
Okay, I’m kidding. That never happened. Or did it?

Our scores were live using the online scoreboard, and none of us looked at the
site while we operated. According to Vegas odds-makers, I was a serious long
shot zone 6 underdog. Still, the competition element was motivating and kept me
focused, pushing for every Q, and BIC for a full twenty-four hours. In the end,
my score improved 40% over last year and I had a blast in the process.

Summer conditions are always hit and miss, but this year proved exciting. JA’s
on 10m, EU on 15m, and a runnable 20m band the entire contest made for fun
moments. Sure, the low bands were noisy, but they could have been much worse.

Special thanks to the above amazing operators for lighting a motivational fire,
and to all for a fun weekend on the radio. Also enjoyed working many CWT ops.

73, Mitch, K7RL