[3830] IARU CR6T(CT1ESV) SOAB(A)SSB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 13 18:57:47 EDT 2020

                    IARU HF World Championship - 2020

Call: CR6T
Operator(s): CT1ESV
Station: CT1ESV

Class: SOAB(A)SSB HP
QTH: Coimbra

  160:
   80:           31     4       22
   40:          489    21       27
   20:          679    26       38
   15:          177    15       31
   10:          259     8       21
-------------------------------------
Total:   0     1635    74      139  Total Score = 1,175,973

This was the possible result this year on my first attempt to an all band entry,
since there are no single band entry on this contest.

It's kind of frustrating when you plan something for months and suddenly all
goes down the drain.
The idea was to test new FTDX101MP in contest environment.

Murphy showed up before contest and broke my Heil headset. had to use hand held
microphone until i got kind of a replacement :-) (desk microphone using VOX :-)
.
Before night i was warned of thunders around ... kept going while i could
listen... but had to QRT at 17:30z for 90min, then showing some signs the storm
was far away i reconnected everything and started again... but only until 20:20z
.. it did not go away, in fact it came stronger, with heavy rain, wind and
lightning taking out electricity, this kept me out of the game for another a
frustrating 4:30 very very long hours.... loving this game i insisted in coming
back... 20 mt were HOT.... for a small, very small 20min period. During those 20
min 89 stations were logged, all from NA SA and OC...and then 20db QRN....
Did not give up and kept going ....this time until the end, but the hours that i
had lost were the most "juicy" hours, being optimistic @ a rate of
150/h means 900Qs lost(and most of the fun as well)

Equipment:
Yaesu FTDX101MP
Alpha 91B
KT36M2 ON 10/15/20
40M3L ON 40MTS
INV V ON 80MTS

No filters or fancy switching so it  was a classic SO1R

Thanks for all who called in, see you in September for CQWW RTTY, until then ...
be safe

73´s Tony CT1ESV / CR6T