[3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jul 15 16:55:50 EDT 2020

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Jul 15

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Illinois

Total:  169  Mults = 169  Total Score = 28,561

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Started on 20.   Thunder outside and a smattering of rain.  Had 55 after 15
minutes.  That's a good sign. Had 105 after 30 minutes, but callers thinning
out, and QRN increasing.  CQing at 1936.  (time for a band change) At 1940 QRN
started.  Had 128 at 1945 Z. Crap - lost the rate.  Needed to be at 150. S&P
at 1951. Not many strong guys left.  Called a lot of guys twice, or could not
find them.  QRN made me loose efficiency!  A few dupes and a few repeats due to
weakness and QRN, but a very promising first half hour. Cool to work VE3/UW7LL/

Rain expected soon;pretty dark to the north.  Since last CWT I got the branches
picked up and burned, fed the moles, got the 6 meter beam ready to put up on the
tower (but not with this weather).  I haven't climbed in a year, but nobody
around except me. I'm sure my XYL will be happy to help. Ready for the big
storm!

XYL came to the shack with 10 minutes left. UPS just delivered the WiFi
extender, so can try a more standard approach to internet here with a 5Ghz link
to the hot spot.  The I can start to load up software on the faster computer.