[3830] CWopsT K7SV HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jul 15 23:29:56 EDT 2020

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Jul 16

Call: K7SV
Operator(s): K7SV
Station: K7SV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA

Total:  250  Mults = 250  Total Score = 62,500

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Sorry to take this approach but I have been totally ticked off and wanted as
many of you as possible to know of the attitude of one individual.

Twice today I got on about 15 minutes before the start of the CWT, found a clear
frequency around 14035 during the 19Z and 7035 during the 03Z. From time to time
I sent K7SV HR obviously letting folks know I was there.

During both sessions about 5 minutes before the start K7RI fires up sending test
and as as. I asked him if he would move a bit and he ignored me. I told him
several time QRL and he said not yet.

This isn't even an example of poor operating. It's a great demonstration of the
might makes right philosophy. His time is obviously too valuable to get on a bit
earlier and honestly stake out a frequency, so he simply used big power and big
antennas to take what he wants.

Running low power, I get kicked around a bit, but this went too far.