[3830] IARU OE1CIW SOABCW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jul 16 07:49:27 EDT 2020

                    IARU HF World Championship - 2020

Call: OE1CIW
Operator(s): OE1CIW
Station: OE1CIW

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: JN88EE
Operating Time (hrs): 20:21

  160:   16             1       12
   80:   61             6       24
   40:  158            11       32
   20:  150            15       21
   15:   96             9       16
   10:   70             6       14
-------------------------------------

IARU HF Championship 2020 July, 11-12
OE1CIW SO AB LP CW Only - 20:21 hrs ON

What a great and nice contest with good and reasonable hf propagation! Also with
lot of Sporadic-E conditions i was able to get a lot of HQ multipliers so i´m
very happy with my score i could get finally even though i wasn´t able to catch
all heard stations in my log. Of course a lot more sunspots are needed for the
next time 😜.

Sometimes i really wish i would have better antennas so no luck for me with
EA8DHV, K5GN from Zone 07 on 40 m. Same on RC9J from Zone 21 and A61EK on 15 m.
All of these stations i could hear loud and clear but not way to get them in my
log. Also JO4JKL ist not in my log on 20 m - he didn´t hear me properly ... i
always was JE1CIW for him for several minutes... OMG i gave up after countless
tries and he was so loud ... he really did NOT hear my callsign 😱😱😱.

I also outperformed the last year score remarkable so it couldn´t be better
with the same equipment i have used this time again. Just only big difference to
the last year: this time i almost didn´t try to use RUN mode - i mostly have
searched and pounded.

Thanks for every single contact to all the great contest operators worldwide!

Rig: K3 100 watts, indoor wire antennas, HST II single lever key, DXLog 2.4.27

73 de Michael OE1CIW