[3830] CQWW VHF KC4PX SOSB/6 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 20 11:36:44 EDT 2020

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2020

Call: KC4PX
Operator(s): KC4PX
Station: KC4PX

Class: SOSB/6 HP
QTH: EL98

    6:  366   158
Total:  366   158  Total Score = 57,828

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

This was mainly an FT8 contest via time allocated, however I did find many
NorthEast stations finally finding SSB during a nice band opening which resulted
in 50% SSB and 50% FT8 total Contacts. However I cannot understand why FT4 was
not used???? I had no real reason to operate 2 meters here in EL98 due to no
real activity so 100% was dedicated to 6 Meters. Previous week we had a great
opening to Alaska and Japan (finally worked my 6 Meter WAS) but no EU or JA's
seen during the contest. A few CN and CM grids made it to EL98. Only real
problem encountered was created by me. In the middle of the contest I wanted to
change the color scheme with WSJT-X and JTAlert which resulted in no auto
logging with VHF Contest Log by N3FJP. I spend an hour during the peak operating
time trying to fix it. Stupid ME!!! With regards to FT4, can we get a VHF
Contest that gives FT4 more activity points to increase activity????
Looking forward to the next VHF COntest. 73