[3830] CQWW VHF K6RO SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jul 22 14:53:26 EDT 2020

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2020

Call: K6RO
Operator(s): K6RO
Station: K6RO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: LAX

    2:   55     6
-------------------
Total:  220    51  Total Score = 14,025

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first attempt at this contest.
I am very new to VHF and UHF,so it's all a learning experience.
Thanks to N6GP for doing his part to get guys on.
I was hoping for good conditions on 6m,but that didn't happen.
A nice opening Sunday morning to OR and WA probably doubled my score.
Not as many guys on 2m as in the June contest..same with 6m ssb.
Most of my q's were 6m FT8.
Tried 6m ft4 a few times,but nothing heard.
My biggest issue is getting N1MM to log q's from WSJT-X.
Until I get that working,I won't have a real dupe sheet ,and that costs me time
and q's.
I also had to merge 3 cabrillo logs to submit my log to CQ...but q's were not in
time order,so I may have messed up.
Software is my biggest problem.
Thanks to Bruce WA7BNM for trying to help,and Don NK6A for offering to help.
Also N6WS for numerous software fixes..he gets a gold star !
Thanks for the q's,
Larry k6ro

K3S for 6m
JK Navassa 2 el on 6m at 37 ft.
KPA-1500 ..ran about 700 watts.
N1MM
WSJT-X with JTalert

IC-9700 on 2m FM and SSB
Diamond X-6000A at roof level.
N1MM
Hope to have a beam someday on my tower.
Numerous 2m stations that I could almost hear..
I will try 2M FT8 next time.