[3830] CWopsT OH2MZA(OH1ZAA) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jul 22 16:34:28 EDT 2020

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Jul 22

Call: OH2MZA
Operator(s): OH1ZAA
Station: OH2MZA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KP20JE

Total:  22  Mults = 21  Total Score = 462

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

After a full day of apartment cleaning and missing
the 1300Z session, I ran to the car being 30 minutes
late for the 1900Z happening! While parked behind the
apartment block for most stations, I was surprised to
get answers on first call on the 14 MHz quarter wave.

Then I found out that the TS-480S preamp was OFF and
I got a S5 noise level from the building. For 7 MHz
I had to put the MFJ-941B and TS-480S internal tuner
in cascade to arrive at a low SWR. Also I noticed the
break at 7030 kHz, needing a TS-480S tuner init on
both sides of that frequency (but once only). On 7 MHz
the noise floor was at S7 and response of the heard
stations was quite good, despite poor ant efficiency.
Cheers/73, Zaba OH1ZAA #1856 CWops