[3830] IOTA K3EST(@N6RO) SO(A)24Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 27 10:51:32 EDT 2020

                    IOTA Contest - 2020

Call: K3EST
Operator(s): K3EST
Station: N6RO

Class: SO(A)24Mixed HP
QTH: CA

   80:    4       3
   40:  173      40      127      23
   20:  305      42      372      17
   15:    5       3
Total:  487      88      499      40  Total Score = 849,792

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

A fun contest. The number of IOTA mults were down as expected. Conditions were
very so-so. However. at the beginning of the test 40 was FB to Asia and YB. 40
SSB was wall to wall YB stations from 7130-7180. I stayed on 40 until about 1450
with 175 Qs. Thanks to Indonesian and Japanese contesters!!  The openings to
Europe were almost non-existent. 20 was best at night to Europe. 20m was open
all night to JA/some zone 16/15 but little volume. 15m was also not present...no
JAs and only a few IOTAs. I tried 80 meters only in the last hour and picked up
RT0F and 2 JA IOTAs. Since the only mults are IOTAs and working a LX has the
same point value as working a W0, I concentrated on working W's on 20 meter SSB
during the day. Heard IOTA mults that did not hear me: EA6, CU, TF, LA, SM, TK,
9A, SV5, FR4QT was a good 569 on 20.....
Still it was my best Q total during this solar minimum. Very nice to meet
friends and have a small chat. Thanks for all the Q's
Thanks to Ken, for the use of his fine station and Sat night chili!