[3830] CWopsT AF8A LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jul 29 10:09:15 EDT 2020

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Jul 29

Call: AF8A
Operator(s): AF8A
Station: AF8A

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH

Total:  61  Mults = 61  Total Score = 3,721

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Portable from the Cuyahoga Valley National Park (south of Cleveland, OH).

Started today's "expedition" with a 22 mile bike ride on the canal
towpath.  Back to my truck at 1200Z; 15 minutes to stow the bike and clean up
then drive to the operating site.

15 minutes to deploy the portable vertical, connect the rig, laptop, keyer, etc
and I was ready to go at 1245z.  Easy!

No one stopped today asking if I was going to "beam up" or if I was
tracking wildlife with my radio setup.

Thanks to all who pulled my 80 watt/battery powered signal from the noise.  Note
- I didn't hear AA3B on 40 meters.  I think that's a first.

Icom IC-706MKIIG
Wolf River vertical, ~14 ft tall with (3) 33' radials.