[3830] IOTA N8II SO12Mixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jul 30 15:23:10 EDT 2020

                    IOTA Contest - 2020

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SO12Mixed LP
QTH: WV

   40:   36      16
   20:   90      20       24       6
   15:    4       1
Total:  130      37       24       6  Total Score = 42,312

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

COVID and very poor conditions to EU on 20 and 15 spoiled much hope of any fun
in this years contest. There were amazing QSO totals from the EU island stations
and non-island as well compared to what was possible from here. Signals did not
improve that much even after 20Z on 20 as they usually do. A pleasant surprise
on 40 was finding VK6LW long path around 24Z. I checked 15 and 20 phone several
times and did not come up with much. About half of the 20M SSB QSO's were during
a sporadic E opening to New England and ON across to NB. W1JPR on NA55 told me
he heard me on 20 SSB after the contest and seem to remember hearing him, but he
was not very persistent. I stuck to trying to work islands FWIW.

I guess it was a good year for the island expeditions to stay home if that had
to happen with the poor condx we had in NA.

73, Jeff