[3830] WPX CW N3BB SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 1 07:13:38 EDT 2020

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: TX

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

The WPX has got to be the best contest in terms of pure fun. Everyone works
everyone and everyone is a mult, to some. It's more than "just" a
call-sign copying contest because the QSO number is the exchange. With only one
or two bands really open and productive at a time, the QRM is amazing and
finding a spot on 40 (especially) and 20 meters at times was really hard. A
"spot" didn't stay open very long and having a frequency that was not
sandwiched between nearby stations was almost impossible for any length of time.
I spent a lot of time in the prime real estate on 40 and 20 and it was brutal, a
really tiring operating experience.

My wife's health situation made it very hard to get more time in, and at the
very end, the last two hours or so, a freak electrical storm erupted overhead
and I had to disconnect and throw in the towel to make supper. But all in all
the quality of the CW operators and skill levels were really impressive. In my
humble opinion the WPX (and the IARU) are the two best contests. I really love
this thing and appreciate CQ magazine and N8BJQ plus the many behind the scenes
folks who make it possible to experience such a fun, demanding,and challenging
radio-sporting event.

Thanks, Jim N3BB