[3830] WPX CW N7GP SO(A)SB160 TB-Wires HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 1 13:20:49 EDT 2020

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: N7GP
Operator(s): N7GP
Station: N7GP

Class: SO(A)SB160 HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: arizona

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

I had to work both days, so I could only do a limited Night time effort,, so I
decided to do a 160 meter only operation..
Friday night the QRN and Lighting crashes made copy on any weaker signals
extremely difficult... ESPECIALLY with my 4 square vertical receive setup.. it
works great in winter conditions,, BUT being verticals NOT so good with summer
conditions...!!!
 I did manage to pull a ZL and a VK and 2 JA outta the noise though!!
On Saturday ,as I was getting home from work , a DUST/Lighting storm rolled in
out of NO where,, so I was NOT able to get on due to lightning and HEAVY QRN
until 1 am local,,, I found hardly anyone on the band,, but  a few here and
there.... but I got called by a PY2 but before I could complete a STRONG JA
called me so I answered him and then the  PY2 was gone,, it was past his SR,,
so I missed another good HIGH Point and Mult..
AND as Always,, TOP BAND IS like a box of Chocolates,,, You never know what you
are going to get!!!...
Thanks for the OUTLAWs that braved 160 and made it into my log!!!
Go OUTLAWS,,!!
Tom
N7GP
ex WA8WZG