[3830] WPX CW K7RB SO(A)AB TB-Wires LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 1 14:47:04 EDT 2020

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K7RB
Operator(s): K7RB
Station: K7RB

Class: SO(A)AB LP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: Athens, ME
Operating Time (hrs):
Remote Operation

Rig: K3, Ant: OCF Dipole @100’. Remote operation of station in Maine. Decades
ago I was pretty proficient at CW but that skill diminished to practically nil
after years of non-use. Recently I’ve been practicing (ARRL code practice
files and MorseRunner) and thought I would see how I would do in a real contest.
I found that I could follow pretty well at 20, even 25 wpm, but lots of stations
send at greater than 30 wpm and I’m not there yet. A few weeks ago I tried out
a number of CW decoding S/W and thought that CW Decoder (free – by WD6CNF) was
a good choice. It worked pretty well and helped me with those high speed
contacts. All S&P this time – we’ll see if I can improve my proficiency
enough to try running next time.