[3830] WPX CW NN3L(N3RS) SO(A)SB20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 1 18:13:11 EDT 2020

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: NN3L
Operator(s): N3RS
Station: N3RS

Class: SO(A)SB20 HP
QTH: EPA

   20: 2114

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Well this was a surprise.  I had hopes of making 4 meg, but wasn't at all sure
after not getting a good run going on Saturday when conditions on 20M seemed to
be very sluggish.  In fact the best results were during the evening hours when I
had some nice runs, especially on Friday.  On Saturday, they had many USA
stations mixed in with the Europeans, but Sunday was a different story with more
of the 3 point Europeans getting into the log.  A short JA run with the beam
pointing at 20 degrees on Sunday morning yielded a couple of dozen JA stations
and a BH4, BD4, BA7, BY3 and HL2 mixed in with numerous Europeans, a number of
asiatic Russians, and a few odd USA stations.  It was a strange propagation path
because the JA's were strongest at 20 degrees, but still loud all the way from
direct path to nearly due east.  I checked LP, but nothing heard there.  The
window lasted from about 11:15Z till 12:00Z.

I believe that was the reason for the slow day on 20 on Saturday was because 15M
and even 10M opened up quite well.  I saw that at one point 15M had more
activity than 20M did.  I also saw a number of reports of 10M opening to Europe.
 The SFI gods were shining down on us this year!

I heard a lot of KV2K on 20M during periods that he should have been on another
band, so either he was an all band SO2R entry or perhaps a multi-op, but he
cleaned my clock on 20M if his numbers were all from 20M.  Thanks to all who
called and apologies to those who I missed when calling me.  I did notice
stations giving me numbers when I was working someone else and then disappeared
before I could get their call.  Thanks also to the sponsors and to Bud, AA3B,
for his efforts in making this a most enjoyable event.

73 de Sig, N3RS