[3830] WPX CW W1DYJ SO(A)AB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 1 20:44:01 EDT 2020

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: Massachusetts

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

My primary goal was to grab the last three states I need for
5BWAS here in Mass: AK on 80 and VT, DE on 15, so I spent more
time on 15 than I normally would have.  I did get VT, but from
a club that appears to not QSL. 80 wasn't great and even getting
up at 5 AM Saturday morning for the gray-line yielded nothing.

My secondary goal was to hit a personal best, which I did.  I
still have difficulties copying code so I need to listen to
exchanges a few times to be sure I have them correctly.  I do
see improvement, but this does slow me down.  Obviously this
was all S&P. It seems that my max rate is around 27 -- I hit
that numerous times during the contest.

It also seemed to be a more US-centric contest with more Qs but
fewer points/Q on average.  Watching the online scoreboard was
also interesting -- of the 63 calls listed in my class I seemed
to be stuck at 37 +/-1 for the whole contest.

Actual BIC time was 11 hours, although the official (60 minute)
time was 15 hours

Most importantly, I had fun!
Rig: TS-590SG
Log: N3FJP's CQ WPX 4.7