[3830] WPX CW WO1N SO(A)AB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jun 2 01:46:24 EDT 2020

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: WO1N
Operator(s): WO1N
Station: WO1N

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: Massachusetts

Total:  873  Prefixes = 502  Total Score = 1,048,678

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Station: FTdx5000, C3-SS at 38', 40M PDL, 80M C, N1MM+

Soapbox :

 What a fun contest though the last log I submitted here was 2014. Didn't have
any specific goal going in. Maybe a 1000Q was possible. Ended up putting in a 26
hour effort, plus a time-boxed 4 hour yard cleanup
effort on Saturday and a trip to the mother-in-laws to put in her air
conditioners on Sunday.

 Summertime propagation always catches me out. And what was with 20M both
mornings? Europe was so weak it felt like Field Day, just working US stations.

 Watching the scoreboard, specifically W1EBI (@K1KP) to help keep BIC. 80/40
good first night, not as good the second night. Caught a nice 10M opening Sat.
morning which accounted for all the 71Q's.

 Many attempts at LP running, best 125Q/112hr Saturday morning on 15M. Never
great rate on the low bands but I use that to practice 2nd VFO Qs. Found 20M
open in the middle of the 2nd night. Really cool.

 Pulled the plug the 2nd night around 0700Z and was back on 1000Z Sunday
morning. Conditions were so terrible I offered to accompany the wife to put in
the aforementioned AC's at her mom's. That was a 5 hour break.  Back on 2000Z
til the close.

 Learned something new. I always mentally converted cut numbers when copying
serial numbers. At one point I "accidentally" typed an N for 9, and
N1MM+ converted it on the fly. Very cool.

 At this point the winter antenna deployments will come down. So sad...

 73,
 Ken - WO1N