[3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Jun 5 00:28:01 EDT 2020

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Jun 3

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Illinois

Total:  174  Mults = 174  Total Score = 30,276

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Started on 40. 7.032.7.  The band is very noisy with thunderstorm predicted.
Signals were not particularly strong and weak guys and part of call signs were
not making it over the QRN.  Summer propagation has come and we are loosing long
propagation to the west.  The sun has been up for a long time. It took two tries
to copy K6RB and he is always first call. WR7Q was loud.  At 1331 relaxed and
fast, but not enough 4-5 a minute to counter the 1 a minute times.  120 QSOs at
1339Z, but needing repeats due to QRN.  It was good, but lots of work.I have to
recognize that after about 40 minutes the rate is actually slowing and it is
time for a band change, but must balance getting multipliers only by staying on
40 or going for rate on 20 and catching guys who are not mults.  I am a long way
from 200 an hour!